Monday 28 November 2011

Health and Safety hahahahaaaaa.... serious end :(

Some time ago I bought a another taxi. I was not quite sure how much diesel was in the tank, but I drove home and parked it overnight. The following day I set off to the local petrol station to fill up. The petrol station is exactly half a mile away from where I live...but ....splutter... splutter..... the fuel ran out on the way. Fortunately I was on the top of the small hill and I rolled onto the forecourt with a silence that must surely have been admired. I filled up and then...in case anyone is not au fait with clearing an airlock, which is what happens when a taxi runs out of diesel, I lifted the bonnet and proceeded to pump the diesel. This clears the airlock so that the engine will start. At this point I was approached by one of the employees of BP, who said that I could not do what I was doing because it was against HEALTH AND SAFETY. Against HEALTH AND SAFETY to start your engine on a BP forecourt!  So I asked him where do drivers start their engines here? Do they push their vehicles out onto the street before they start them?  I wanted to say more but I sincerely did not want to offend of course. I prefer to ridicule !This idiocy took place at the BP Station, Ewell Surrey.
You might think that I am going off at an illogical tangent but I think that this is an example of the state which England has reached. I am ashamed! My father, who was a regular soldier, mainly because of the depression and the threat of the Nazis during the 1930s, almost died in service of this country. By the 1970s he said England would have been better off under Hitler. The day to day erosion of freedom in this country particularly since 1979 is deplorable. Too much power has been given to those who work in our local authoriites. Supposedly they work for us, paid by us, but those who elevated them know that these people were never going to achieve, so they could be sure that they would revel in their authority, and bat out their time in subservience until retirement.
Where will the next OCCUPY movement begin ??

No comments:

Post a Comment